Monday, September 26, 2011

What I hope to get to this week

This week will probably be busy in the office for a number of reasons but there are also a couple of larger topics I want to spend some time on here. Specifically:
  • National Disaster Recovery Framework - I was planning to write on this before I saw it mentioned by William Cumming on his blog and Claire Rubin on hers. I've had various drafts of this kicking around my desk for a while now and want to take a day or so to look through it before I say anything, but it is out there.
  • Department of Homeland Security Authorization Act of 2011 (S.1546) - If you haven't seen this one it just means you're not an obsessive Congress-watcher. This is the authorization bill for DHS submitted by Sen. Lieberman. It is also the first of these in a long while, which makes it significant. There is a lot to digest here, especially in light of PPD-8 (something else I'd like to get to someday, since I've been heavily involved in implementation work locally) related to preparedness and response issues at the Federal level, disaster funding (obviously a hot topic), and a specific pet peeve of mine - the role of DHS Office of Health Affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment